Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Years Resolution!

Ok, so my New Years Resolution this year was to start up a family blog.  My goal is to keep a chronological timeline of what we are up to and eventually publish to a book.  I am going to ignore the fact that it is now the 12th of Jan. and I am just now starting this up!  I keep waiting for things to slow down and I have come to the realization that it just isn't going to happen and it's now or never! I have put off starting up a blog for a while because I have been afraid that I will start to feel guilty if I don't publish something every week and keep up to date pictures and I really don't need one more thing on my to do list right now.  So, that being said I am going to try and be casual and not feel stressed and do what I can and it will be fun to look back on things and hopefully remember what has been going on in our lives that we may have forgotten about.  Tomorrow I will start posting more about our lives, but for tonight I just want to say that my family is everything to me and I love them more than I could ever describe.  That goes for my extended family as well as my immediate.  I have been blessed in so many ways and I hope that will come across as I write about our crazy lives.  (And as I will probably complain here and there I hope everyone will remember that fact!)

4 comments:

  1. Just post when you feel so inclined, even if it's just a picture. Or a sentence. You will be glad you did! When I first starting doing a blog, I didn't post much (my first blog book was 1/3 the size of the first HALF of last year's blog book). But now I sometimes stay up later at night just to do blog posts. It will become habit forming with time I bet. :)I'm glad you're doing a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun for you to have a blog! My husband started ours years ago and I made fun of him for it. I quickly realized my mistake and joined on the train. Funny how now he NEVER posts anything on it and it has become mine. For me, it's a ways for my family to keep up with us (mostly my parents) since we can't see them all the time. When I turn it into a book at the end of each year, it's so much less stress than scrapbooking and I'm so glad I have the "journaling" to go with the pictures. Makes it ten times more meaningful. Lisa has one too and it's been fun to keep up with her that way - I feel like I know her family! Hope you enjoy it! Ours is private so I'll send you an invite in case you ever want to check in. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please!! I would love to look at your blog!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jessica, I am glad you started a blog so I can keep up with you and your family. I look forward to seeing you meet your New Years Resolution.

    ReplyDelete