Monday, February 27, 2012

Audrey is five

Today is Audrey's birthday so I want to write a few things about my girl that I love so much!  She is my independent, social and confidant girl.  She likes to do things by herself and can usually figure out how to do most things.  While she sometimes gets shy with adults, she is not shy at all with other children and likes to have lots of friend all the time!  She loves going to school and learning new things staying busy.  She has a harder time staying inside and playing by herself as she would much rather be busy with friends and lots of activities.  She is a huge help to me and I don't know what I would do without her to help me with Ava.  She can always make Ava laugh when I can't, and Ava adores her and tries to copy everything she does.  I can't imagine my life without Audrey in it and I pray every night that she will always be a part of my life and thank my Heavenly Father for sending her to me. 

Okay, so we woke up today and had chocolate chip pancakes and pink smoothies for breakfast.  I had to force her to eat her smoothie even though it was very good and had only things that she likes in it.  Oh well, she is not a smoothie girl.  Then off to school she went where she got to wear a special hat and I got to come in and talk about her and bring treats for all the kids. 


Then we came home, played with some neighbor friends, and headed off to IHOP which was her choice for dinner.  She got pancakes (again) with sprinkles and pink frosting (strawberry yogurt), and eggs and ham.  Then she used some of her birthday money to go to build a bear.  She chose a pink bear with a Rapunzel dress.  Since today is also Ava's half birthday we decided to let her get a cute little dog as well. 




Then we walked around the mall a little bit, came home and opened one last present.  Then we we sang Happy Birthday and Audrey made a wish on her candle and we had cupcakes.  Now I have to say I worked all day on making Ding Dong cupcakes since that is a very favorite treat of Audrey and Nate's.  So I thought it would be fun to make a homemade Ding Dong.  While they were very delicious to me, Nate and Audrey would still prefer the store bought kind and Audrey chose to have fruit snacks instead of a cupcake.  I know, I sometimes wonder about her.  Good thing I worked all day on those things.  Haha, oh well.  But it was a good day, and she had a great birthday!  Now we just need to get ready for her friend party on Saturday.  Whew, I am already exhausted!



2 comments:

  1. awww Build a Bear!! so fun! what a great day. I personally thought those cupcakes were REALLY REALLY delicious!!! (thank you for sharing them with us) I don't know what's wrong with the rest of your family. :)

    ReplyDelete